The Headmistress has a 100% responsibility to manage and monitor the school building in all aspects.
A broad outline of her duties is as below.
Reporting to the Management:
- Headmistress is required to submit a monthly report to the Management in the first week of every month.
- As Headmistress of Nursery & Nursery Branch, she will be 100% responsible to make decisions within the bounds of the School rules and policies.
- All decisions must be communicated to the Management but approvals sought if the decision is in contradiction to the school policies or procedures.
- The monitoring and supervision of teachers in terms of academic planning, giving demonstrations, observing their teaching skills, training them is top priority
- The Office and Domestic Staff need to be administratively supervised with clear job descriptions for each person specified and constant monitoring to be done.
- Monitoring of students behavior, academics has to be done at all times. Each child is important and the learning should meet the set benchmarks.
- Their safety and security has to be of concern and it is the responsibility of Headmistress to ensure that students/kids are in a secure environment.
Managing the Parent Community
- Courtesy and politeness with our parent community is a must, and it is essential to ensure that it is extended to them by the office and domestic staff as well as the teachers.
- They must be kept abreast with all that is going on in the school through circulars etc.
- The Headmistress needs to be visible to them in the morning and at home time for them to feel that she is approachable and available.
- All matters related to the studies and its registration, rules and policies as well as schedules must be communicated and carried out in a timely manner.
Training and Development
- Keeping in tune with our resolution for the school year and our expectations at all times,
Interpersonal Relationships with the System
- You need to work directly in cooperation with the Management and the Admin Personnel of Grace School.
- Through evaluations and communication you are required to be in touch with your staff and the management as and when required, apart from the monthly reports.
- An annual evaluation at the end of the academic year will be held by the Management.
- A good degree in any related discipline
- Must not be less than 40years of age
- A Foreign degree will be of added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills