MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi-cultural knowledge and global delivery resource – whenever required.
MacTay’s approach is to work together in partnership with our clients, we aim to be in it for the long term but firmly believe that partnerships are created by ensuring that our clients are able to develop the capability to sustain and drive solutions we co create with them.
- Our Client, a global ICT solutions Company is seeking to engage the services of a Service Desk Engineer.
- Provide general first level technical support to end users organisation-wide.
- Man the helpdesk and respond to all helpdesk calls.
- Assist in maintaining issues/request log. Ensure accurate and prompt logging of all requests/ issues unto the central database.
- Assist in providing first-level phone support on IT related issues and escalate more technical issues requiring location visits to appropriate second-level/expert support teams within the unit.
- Escalate to the Network and Infrastructure Support team, all LAN/WAN/Server downtimes and hardware operational issues e.g. network connectivity, printing errors, drive failure, etc.
- Escalate all enterprise solutions-related issues to the Enterprise Solutions Support.
- Provide first-level instructions on software installation and configuration e.g. client applications, anti-virus utilities, printer drivers, etc.
- Provide continuous user application and system support to the call centre and other relevant IT units.
- Communicate resolution of faults to end-users/ request initiators.
- Assist in developing programmes for training end users on self-help tips and office application usage.
- Ensure security of all workstations through proper installation and regular updates of an effective anti-virus program on every workstation.
- Implement/comply with pre-defined service desk management policies and procedures.
- Assist in administering internal customer satisfaction surveys to obtain feedback on helpdesk efficiency (where necessary)
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Provide guidance and manage the performance of subordinates (where applicable).
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, Service Desk.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Service Desk.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482462 to apply for this job .