MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi-cultural knowledge and global delivery resource – whenever required.
MacTay’s approach is to work together in partnership with our clients, we aim to be in it for the long term but firmly believe that partnerships are created by ensuring that our clients are able to develop the capability to sustain and drive solutions we co create with them.
- Our Client, a global ICT solutions Company is seeking to engage the services of a Storage, Back Up & DR personnel.
- Operate the storage infrastructure including provisioning of LUNs and Volumes to servers and virtualized infrastructure etc
- Monitoring and maintenance the Storage Area Network including the fabric from host connectivity to the storage system
- Track storage system utilization
- Installation, setup and maintenance of backup environment, backup software and support backup and restore operations
- Support with monitoring and reporting of system health/ performance of all nodes of the SAN fabric
- Monitor storage performance / quality and implements performance tuning to resolve performance issues
- Create and maintain documentation as it pertains to the storage infrastructure procedures and configuration
- Report on necessary recommendations for additional storage resources or hardware and any improvements that increases performance and reliability
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 monitoring and support with on-call rotation
- Perform tape stock management.
- Perform healthy check and log collection for the procedure
- Responsible for the investigation and fix any backup issues.
- Clean up the storage media containing customer’s data before disposing or reuse of the storage media.
- Responses the service request or incident ticket in time and escalate to next level with in SLA .
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum of 1-year experience in storage solutions
- Knowledge of storage technology such as RAID, LUN, Fiber Channel, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, multipath etc.
- Knowledge with Fiber Channel switches and routers
- Knowledge with backup, network and Virtualization Technology
- Working knowledge in Windows/Linux/Unix system admin
- Ability to document, and effectively implement projects and systems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Fluency in English and the local language (written and verbal)
- skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, MSWord and Power Point
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482457 to apply for this job .