MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi-cultural knowledge and global delivery resource – whenever required.
MacTay’s approach is to work together in partnership with our clients, we aim to be in it for the long term but firmly believe that partnerships are created by ensuring that our clients are able to develop the capability to sustain and drive solutions we co create with them.
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for UNIX operating system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Provide input in the planning of UNIX operating systems upgrades, deployment and provisioning new system.
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of UNIX operating systems.
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for UNIX operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
- Perform daily UNIX operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
- Maintain backup of the UNIX operating system network.
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on UNIX operating system environment in [COMPANY, CLIENT] through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily UNIX systems checks and correct any issues.
- Monitor UNIX systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to end users and ensure timely resolution of UNIX system problems.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482446 to apply for this job .