Peoplesource Consulting- Our client is a part of the Sub Sahara Africa Cluster (SSA) of a leader in the global packaging market. It is responsible for West Africa and consists of more than 20 countries within its market including Senegal, Ghana and Cameroun.
- The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for driving marketing activities within the market company. He/She will be a member of the market company management team, leading marketing managers to effectively work with customers to further the business. Will ensure voice of market to Cluster and Global teams. The incumbent will require good communication skills and will be an experienced leader who is able to work in both informal and formal structures. This position offers a good overview of the client company which will afford the incumbent the opportunity to develop himself/herself in his/her career.
- Responsible and accountable for driving Market activities in Nigeria. Member of client’s West Africa management team. Lead Marketing Managers to effectively work with customers to promote client’s business. Ensures voice of market to Cluster and Global teams.
- Work closely with customers to secure strategic alignment and deliver best customer value:
- Builds top to top relations with key accounts and secures understanding of customer’s marketing priorities
- Product deployment implementation o Category leadership execution & follow up o Strengthen carton relevance
- Drive cluster focus through resource sharing and best practice implementation.
- Lead the Management Committee Business Development Plan, focusing on the identified Management Committee initiatives and cascading up to Cluster Management.
- Utilize portfolio segmentation data to identify local opportunities within Management Committee.
- Ensure Marketing Activities leverage in full the 4 P’s
- Implement the Cluster Programmable Logic Controller plan by product including new product deployment plans. (Product & Service)
- Recommend the required portfolio training programs across the Management Committee organisation, lead by example
- Share portfolio needs with Central team via Cluster Portfolio team.
- Ensure marketing and sales & distribution solutions readiness to deploy new product
- Integrate the product/portfolio plans into account plans
- plans – provide two way communication between cluster /global
- Utilise value research data and information to support development of opportunities
- Define intelligence requirements for market and liaise with cluster business intelligence supporting research projects as needed. Analyse and use research data with customers.
- Align and execute the agreed promotional investments with category plans, account plans and/or environmental initiatives
- Propose the annual marketing activities and budget for market company for submission to cluster
- Drive execution of marketing activities for market company
- Support the marketing activities execution within the Marketing and Product Management function
- Control marketing expenditures within the budgeted framework
Qualifications, Professional Skills, and Experience
- University degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Fluent in English both in speaking and writing
- At least 7-15 year experience in the FMCG industry
- Brands and product portfolio management
- Good understanding of international trade
- Strong negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Portfolio and Category knowledge
- Full understanding of value chain management and costing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to coordinate cross functional teams
- Ability to motivate specialists
- Driving win-win solutions
- Strong in issue resolutions
- Ability to rank priorities
- High communicative skills, responsible attitude
- Ability to work on one’s own
- To succeed in this position you should have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve the way we deliver value to our customers. Be flexible and able to adapt to new cultures and environment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482414 to apply for this job .