Heartland Alliance International- Nigeria, a services based human rights organization is currently recruiting to fill this position
- Serves as Prevention focal point for HAI activities in the state and ensure compliance with national guidelines for basic Minimum Prevention Package Intervention (MPPI).
- Prepare periodic project work plans and budgets in conjunction with the Capacity Advisor and other section heads to ensure appropriate utilization of project resources.
- Provides assistance to sub-grant partners on a range of program management issues including work plan and budget development, M&E and PEPFAR indicator reporting, program reporting, and sub-recipient monitoring;
- Ensure that activities listed in grant recipients’ sub-award are implemented
- Assist in responding to HAI and donor request and preparing of state level reports including work plans, quarterly and annual reports
- Liaise and consult regularly with the relevant local authorities, community leaders, civil society/ nongovernmental, organizations, collaborating/implementing partners, and other stakeholders where
- Appropriate, in conjunction with the Capacity Advisor to ensure friendly environment for program implementation
- Accompany other program and M&E staff for site visits to ensure program implementation and compliance at the state level;
- Support the training of field-level staff and volunteers
- Represent HAI as requested in meeting with donor representatives, government, partners, sub-grantees, applicants, and the public as required in the state;
- Keep abreast of developments in HIV/AIDS field; document methodologies and results, develop best practice papers that can inform the wider HAI community.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of external evaluations, visits and audits.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- First degree in Social Science, Public Health or another relevant discipline; Master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in international development, experience working in an HIV prevention and care program will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482188 to apply for this job .