A facilities manager is a job role that is responsible for making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that live and work in them directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies. They must ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained, which entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and schedule repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections.
- Facility manager will be responsible for many sites.
- Typical tasks may include:
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- Project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors;
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling;
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation;
- Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Determine clients’ needs and financials abilities in order to propose solutions that suit them
- Intermediate negotiation processes, consult clients on market conditions, prices, legal requirements and related matters to their benefit and ensure a fair and honest dealing
- Perform comparative market analysis to estimate properties’ value
- Maintain and update listings of available properties
- Promote sales through advertisements and listing services
- Proven working experience as a Facility manager
- Proven track of successful sales record
- Ability to work independently combined with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales, negotiation and communication skills
- Pleasant and trustworthy
- MS Office familiarity
- HND or University Degree in relevant field
- Years of Experience: 2 years relevant experience relevant
- Professional Membership: Added Advantage.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482156 to apply for this job .