INTERSOS is an independent, non-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods.
- The Country Finance Officer (CFO) is responsible for the proper technical implementation of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s procedures and the Regional Finance Officer’s technical directions.
- The CFO is responsible for the proper accounting and administration of funds, under the technical supervision of the Regional Finance Officer and the hierarchical supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM).
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
- To manage the bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly bank statements and bank reconciliations;
- To update monthly the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
- To provide on weekly basis the updated economic and financial data (PN) to the Project Manager's and the Head of Mission;
- Budget preparation and control:
- To provide support to the Head of Mission in the drafting of new projects;
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Project Managers and Head of Mission, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations, and support annual auditing procedures;
- To prepare and verify, in cooperation with the Head of Mission, the trend of the general coordination's budget;
- To monitors the sustainability of coordination's office and verify the correct distribution/allocation of the general coordination costs to the projects; to monitor the coordination and projects’ non-deductible costs;
- Financial reporting and audit:
- To prepare the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Administrator);
- To prepare and carry out the audits conducted in the country, and for the transmission to the central headquarter of all project documents to be audited in Italy;
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures;
- Local staff management:
- To train and supervise local administrative staff in coordination with the Head of Mission;
- To manage the local personnel register, subdivided by project;
- To supervise and monitor staff contracts preparation;
- To supervise and monitor the preparation of payslips and monthly payment of salaries and ensure compliance with national labour laws, including deduction and payment of salary tax;
- To contribute the preparation of the salary scale;
- Asset management and logistics:
- To update inventory records pertaining to INTERSOS assets and verify the accuracy of the supporting documentation;
- To update the list of reliable local suppliers, as directed by the Head of Mission, for subsequent use in specific procedures;
- To verify the correct application of the organization’s or donor's procedures in relation to purchases and goods management;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- At least 2 years professional experience in similar position;
- Knowledge of UN administrative procedures (UNHCR – OCHA – Unicef – WFP) ECHO and other major donors;
- Experience in humanitarian assistance, e-voucher and nutrition is desirable;
- Strong experience in training, managing and monitoring the local administrative and logistics staff;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Capacity to work in volatile security environment and to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Computer literate (Microsoft office);
- Fluent English written and spoken
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482138 to apply for this job .