The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Abeokuta Ogun State is seeking to hire an outstanding candidate to fill this role
- To serve as the Manager of the Archives Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the staff and operations of the Archives Department
- Lead the archives team to acquire, evaluate records for preservation and retention, appraise, select, preserve, arrange and describe records that have archival value, according to accepted archival principles.
- Organise, monitor and evaluate work done on acquisition, accessioning, appraisal, arrangement description, storage, preservation and conservation of both manual and digital archives;
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and procedures for the management of the OOPL archives ( Paper and electronic) and access to them under defined conditions; Develop classification systems, organize archival records to facilitate access to archival materials;
- Evaluate the OOPL archival collections, plan, develop and implement the digital preservation programme of the OOPL archives; , organise and monitor the digital archives project;
- Research, analyse, evaluate existing and new systems, technology or tools for the management of digital archives and make recommendations for their deployment;
- Advise the OOPL Management and staff on digital recordkeeping issues and practices
- Work in collaboration with archiving contractors and consultants.
- Manage the OOPLs Records Management Programme, Carry out disposition functions by applying the life-cycle concept to information assets, including appraisal by liaising with records-originating offices within the OOPL regarding the transfer and/or disposal of their records; assures that retention schedules, registration and physical aspects of records transfers meet established standards; oversees space management;
- Any other duties as may be required.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Advanced University Degree in archival science, records management or information management;
- Training and qualification in digital archiving systems; Knowledge about how to use Electronic Document Management Systems is a must.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in archives management, records management or information management.
- Experience of managing digital records and archives, including digital preservation, is required.
- Knowledge of strict information security systems is highly desirable mandatory.
- Demonstrable knowledge of record-keeping and archiving theory and practice, and of established standards in records management and archives management;
- Demonstrable knowledge of current standards, best practices and trends in digital archives preservation and digital record-keeping;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Genuine interest in history and preserving records for posterity; Demonstrable conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills;
- Ability to conduct research and analysis, prepare and present recommendations; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481762 to apply for this job .