The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years, AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa.
The Souse Chef shall employ his culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing customers’ satisfaction at the AUN Hotel and Club in line with established standards and procedures.
- To delegates job responsibilities in the kitchen.
- To support Executive Chef in kitchen administration and operation.
- Ability to instruct cooks and teach on culinary arts.
- Design task schedules for kitchen staff and ensure safety.
- Ensure food are prepared in safe, hygienic and healthy environment.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Any other duties as assigned.
- National Diploma from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in 3 to 4 star hotel as a head cook or sous chef.
- Good command of English language.
- Age 30 to 45years old
- Smart and energetic personality
- Creativity and knowledge of ingredients in the kitchen for 4 star hotel.
- Leadership skills. To be in charge as a support for Executive Chef.
- Hand -Eye Coordination.
- Sense of Taste.
- Time Management.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481734 to apply for this job .