Our client is an indigenous player in the oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy, with a quality portfolio and capabilities that extend to upstream, downstream, data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects etc.Due to a company-wide restructuring exercise.
- Assist the CFO to develop and update accounting, finance and management policies and procedures in accordance with IFRS
- Implement the accounting/finance and management policies using SAGE and to produce the monthly management accounts by the 15th working day of the month following the accounting period.
- Propose yearend adjustments and preparing annual financial statements
- Develop reports for CFO summarizing the business financial position in areas of income, expenses, capital usage and cash flows, and assists the CFO with the preparation of strategic plans, budgets and financial forecast
- Effective Cash Flow Management.
- Monitoring budgets and comparing them with actual cost and revenues related to operation and capital.
- Coordinating the Accounts Department and managing team effort
- Reconciling control accounts and sorting out the discrepancies and making recommendations to CFO
- Projects evaluation and appraisal/bidding.
- Non – Current Assets Management.
- Preparation of budgets and reports.
- Preparation of other financial information for executive management use as required from time to time.
- Liaising with the relevant statutory bodies – NEITI, Auditors, DPR etc.
- Inventory Control & Treasury Management.
- Cost management and costing system supervision.
- Supervision of the internal control procedures and the continuous evaluation of its effectiveness.
- Proposing yearend adjustment and preparing annual financial statements in compliance with IFRS
- Reviewing and posting all processed transactions in Sage
- Reviewing all taxes calculations and Bank Reconciliations
- Ensuring well-kept filling system and data base for all financial information
- Maintain and distribute accounting manual and ensure this is in compliance with IFRS and actual practices.
- Formulating Group-Wide Controls and procedures and monitoring implementation
- Liaising with the External auditors to ensure smooth audit timetable completion
- Liaising with the banks and other financial institutions as and when required
- Heavy SEC reporting in background with strong technical accounting experience
- Strong upstream, Exploration and Production accounting knowledge
- IFRS, working capital, cash flow control and management accounts
- Budget Preparation, financial forecasting, economic awareness and analysis
- Ability to manage operations within budgetary constraints
- Interpret financial data, auditing, and strategic thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board, investor groups or other outside partners
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and related courses
- ICAN/ACCA and other professional memberships required
- IFRS Certification
- Strong upstream, Exploration and Production accounting experience
- 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481286 to apply for this job .