Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it’s partners. Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM). Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
- The Technical Director, Laboratory Services will oversee and provide technical and management leadership for the design, implementation, and monitoring of the HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB lab strengthening interventions, ensuring their adherence to national and international standards, as well as their contribution to the national and international goals, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria. It is anticipated that the position will be based in Abuja.
- Also acting as an advisor, s/he will support capacity building activities focused on strengthening quality management systems of local clinical laboratories in high-volume testing and treatment locations.
- This position is contingent upon award. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Maintain quality testing procedures and systems including new diagnostic technologies.
- Prepare and oversee implementation of laboratory work plan in consultation with county laboratory coordinators.
- Provide technical support to facility laboratory technologists on laboratory management.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on laboratory testing processes, with focus on HIV testing, EID, and VL monitoring.
- Conduct development, pre-testing, implementation and review of laboratory standard operating procedures to be applied in HIV care and treatment services.
- Support laboratory sample transport networking in supported facilities.
- Support commodity forecasting, quantification and redistribution/buffering in supported facilities in partnership with county teams.
- Coordinate performance and documentation of daily internal quality control and participation in external quality assessment to MOH supported facilities for TB and HIV services.
- Promote organizational structure in the areas of physical laboratory structure and infection prevention and promotes laboratory bio-safety.
- Higher National Diploma/degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in implementation of HIV or TB related medical laboratory activities in a CDC or USAID-funded project.
- Competent in development and implementation of work plans, M&E activities and reports.
- Demonstrated competency in laboratory activities.
- Skills in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training, pre-service education, performance and quality improvement, M&E.
- Ability to liaise with senior MOH and county government officials and senior members of the donor community.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Nigerian health care system, particularly the public health system.
- Familiarity with CDC and PEPFAR administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
- Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
Model the mission and values stated above.
Participate in the business development processes.
Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability.
Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, rake responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed.
Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481079 to apply for this job .