Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it’s partners. Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM). Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
- Technical Director, Monitoring and Evaluation needed to provide technical leadership and strategic vision for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria.
- Working closely with the project’s management and technical staff, the Technical Director, M&E will lead development of an M&E system that will capture high-quality, relevant and timely data that is used for programmatic decision-making. Specifically, the M&E Director will develop project framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results.
- The Technical Director, M&E will work closely with the M&E, program and technical teams to design, implement and supervise district M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve the quality of interventions and outcomes.
- The Technical Director, M&E will also be responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to CDC. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead the development of project M&E strategies, frameworks, plans, and indicators to capture project performance and results in support of clinical service strengthening and the “Three Ones” principle.
- Refine and finalize the project logic model, results framework, M&E plan, data flow loops, work plan and budget, including selecting indicators and setting targets.
- Provide leadership and guidance to technical and program staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, program assessments, data-driven decision-making and results reporting.
- Design, implement and supervise M&E and learning activities, including development and implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan, baseline and end line assessments, data quality assessments, routine service delivery data reporting and evaluations.
- Lead capacity development of program staff and project counterparts at all levels to participate in and lead, as needed, project monitoring and evaluation activities, and data use for programmatic decision-making, including developing and leading trainings for project staff, implementing partners, facility staff and community mobilizers.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping. Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure data quality through verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Lead results reporting to CDC and Jhpiego headquarters, including providing data on progress to targets and writing narrative M&E sections for quarterly and annually reports, and other communications as needed (e.g., success stories).
- Write and review technical components of materials, publications, and progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- In collaboration with program and technical staff and counterparts, ensure implementation of M&E strategies and frameworks.
- Track M&E budgets related to project and activity budgets.
- Identify programmatic successes, challenges and lessons learned, and ensure appropriate flow of information for project management, staff, and colleagues.
- Ensure that necessary M&E planning, budgeting, and management activities occur to facilitate smooth and efficient program functioning.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships with other USG projects and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Ensure relevant data is entered into JADE, Jhpiego’s organization-wide performance management system designed to capture, analyze and disseminate project data
- Determine appropriate staffing needed to manage the project M&E system and recruit and manage the M&E team.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum eight years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development projects of more than US$55M per year in developing countries (preferably Nigeria), with an emphasis on HIV projects.
- Minimum seven years of experience designing and implementing M&E activities for complex programs in developing countries, with at least 3 years in HIV programs and familiarity with CDC/PEPFAR indicators, administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, the “Three Ones Principles” and PEPFAR 90-90-90
- Expertise in quantitative/qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Demonstrated strong management, leadership, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts, in both the public and NGO sectors
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Nigeria’s healthcare system, particularly the public health system, and including the health management information system
- Strong technical skills, including processing and analyzing data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
- Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
Model the mission and values stated above.
Participate in the business development processes.
Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability.
Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, rake responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed.
Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481075 to apply for this job .