Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
- Provide oversight to ensure business processes for work management, planning and scheduling are implemented corporately and being followed consistently across our operations.
- Oversee coordination of all project planning and scheduling activities.
- Manage the planning and scheduling group ensuring that the group efficiently coordinates executable work, enabling the optimization of maintenance costs and reduced equipment repair time.
- Assist the Projects Managers to complete Projects on time and within the approved budget and work with the Engineering department
- Design and set-up the most suitable and effective control organization on all projects to meet these objectives in compliance with contractual specifications.
- Support the project Manager's decision-making process providing all information necessary for a rapid identification of any unfavorable trend or any potential problem in time in order to start immediate corrective actions.
- Create a schedule/cost/Risks awareness atmosphere among all projects participants.
- Organize and maintain the best integration between scheduling and cost control and Risks Management functions ensuring that any activity is carefully planned and controlled in terms of time, budget and scope of work.
- Manage and maintain current and accurate records on internal and client database and document control systems (including all logs - material, drawings, RFI? etc.).
- Work with client, project manager, and vendors to prepare technical and project documentation.
- Perform internal and vendor audits on the quality, accuracy, and completeness of required documents, database records and information.
- Properly design the projects Control system suitably scaled to the specific complexity of the projects, in particular:
- Agree with the Project Manager and with the advice of the project Controls staff on the control philosophy and the best strategy
- Establish the resources and organization (skills, manpower, list of tools and procedures applicable, communications) needed to achieve the control strategy; in case of complex projects, a "Projects Control Plan" document should be issued.
- Ensure, during the initial phase after contract award, the implementation of the Projects Control System
- Establish the overall projects breakdown structure and relevant coding system to meet all control requirements
- Provide guidance and direction to the Planning and Scheduling department to meet operational demands and ensure a timely and efficient support service.
- Ensure the continued improvement of Cost control, Planning and Scheduling activities and to assist operations in there execution.
- Ensure proper reports and summaries are developed to communicate KPI’s and assist Operations Management in their interpretation.
- Consistently develop a safety and reliability orientated culture that actively involves all members of the team.
- Mentor and coach members of the Cost control, Planning and Scheduling department by setting a positive tone for communication and collaboration within the department and with other departments.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Civil Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body (NSE, COREN, PMP)
- Minimum of 15 years construction industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and interact with all levels of personnel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480998 to apply for this job .