Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
- Consistently look to source tenders through various avenues open to the industry.
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct.
- Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity etc. and provide feedback to the Senior Estimator.
- Conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Source subcontractors & suppliers capable of complying with tender in coordination with Quantity Survey team and Procurement department
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender.
- Once tender is completed, incorporate all relevant details, forward to Executive Management for review and approval prior to submission.
- Liaise with client on an on-going basis to determine progress of tender.
- Compile relevant tender information into Benchmark & estimate price.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender.
- In-conjunction with the Projects Director, review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract.
- Provide feedback to Executive Management regarding commercial contract exposure on the proposed project.
- Co-ordinate and arrange for contract exchange upon success of tender.
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyors and co-estimator, prepare handover material of tender for the project team
- Co-ordinate and conduct “Handover” meeting with the project team, providing detailed briefing of the tender requirements.
- As necessary provide support and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
- Continually seek and identify new /alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability and growth of the Business.
- Conduct regular Market Survey and advise management of same.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, prepare procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure that procedures and work instructions are consistent with changes.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, regularly review procedures / work instructions etc for currency, productivities and methodologies.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Quantity Survey
- 7-10 years construction industry experience
- Membership of relevant professional body (NIQS, RICS)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and interact with all levels of personnel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480895 to apply for this job .