The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services,
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers.
- Review record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage,
- A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has gained sound knowledge of procurement operations and technical processes.
- Has provided technical guidance and training to staff members within area of expertise.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Flnency (level C) in English language.
Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480860 to apply for this job .