The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Coordinate with WFP Security staff and/or UNDSS Radio Room, to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and channelling all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicle and staff movement
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff
- Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) requirements.
- Create and maintain databases
- Follow established emergency response processes and procedures
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Three or more years of work experience as a Driver preferably in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicle. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions and security issues.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic method.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Completion of Secondary School education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver's license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations
- Fluency (level C) in both written and oral communication in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local language is desirable
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480855 to apply for this job .