Oscar Temple was established to provide a fully comprehensive search and selection recruitment process to the Financial services, Technology and Telecom sector, both on a permanent and interim basis. We can proudly say that we are one of the few genuine market leaders within these niche markets and pride ourselves on the quality of opportunities we can offer to our candidates.
Our Client, a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa is in need of qualified professionals due to expansion.
Purpose of role:
The Data Centre Services Manager (DCSM) will coordinate all Data Centre Services to internal and external customers and shall be the single point of contact for all such services. The DCSM will formulate strategic plans and tactical measures to deliver DC services to the customers.
- Fully responsible for the Data Centre space and liaise with the DCOM & Facilities Manager to ensure consistent customer experience. Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Manage the entire cycle of customer on-boarding process (from feasibilities studies to sign-off) and ensuring that detailed and realistic project implementation plans are developed for the customer onboarding. Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Ongoing technical supports for activities involving Data Center supports services and Operations. Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Ensure continuous improvement of Data Centre processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and reflect industry best practice
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- ITIL V3 Certification and MBA will be an added advantage
- 6-10 years of experience in Data Centre Business, 5 of which must be in data centre operations, preferably in an open access/colocation environment.
- Experience with data center subsystems – generators, UPS, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, access control systems, CCTV and other critical subsystems required to assure data center operations
- Excellent IT/DC Operations Process Management Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with IT /DC Operations & Services management and Customer Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage 24x7 Operations support teams and manage team to achieve stringent KPIs
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480681 to apply for this job .