MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Lead and direct the delivery of best-in-class HR support to line management through HR business partnering, HR solutions & policy implementation as well as attraction & recruitment of best-fit human resources.
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation - identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing HR Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Review value-adding opportunities within line departments and contribute to the development of HR Business Partnering strategies, demonstrating deep understanding of MTNN business strategies and needs of client department.
- Develop detailed plans in support of approved HR Business Partnering strategies, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans.
- Develop HR Business Partnering business plans in alignment with HR Service Delivery strategies and define operational parameters and ensure services delivered to the line meet set targets and standards.
- Scope and challenge existing HR policies and practices with appropriate HR specialists and seek to continuously improve the services provided to the business. i.e. strive for continuous improvement; bring business understanding / alignment to HR policy development and; provide a conduit for testing draft policy within the business.
- Lead the team of HR Business Partners to counsel and provide advisory services to managers on the identification and management of talent, employee performance and conflict resolution.
- Review the capacity needs of the line and in liaison with management, develop strategies and plans to adequately resource the business with the right people (factoring culture fit as well), in the right place and at the right time.
- Track and promote effective management of high performance culture in the line and ensure that BP team works with the Culture & Engagement team on culture and change initiatives, as well as improving employee engagement in culture surveys.
- Lead HR Business Partners in working cross functionally with the Industrial relations officer to advice and support line managers and supervisors as required in the review of work practices and/or conditions of employment and to facilitate change through appropriate negotiation and consultation with staff representatives.
- Manage attendance of business partners at employee council meetings and documentation of outcomes and participate in employee counselling sessions and grievance sessions, ensuring industrial harmony.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Experience & Training
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- A first degree in a behavioural Science field, good knowledge of HR processes
- A Masters’ degree, MBA preferably
- 10 years HR generalist experience in a multinational business environment/ world class organization
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 3 years Broad HR specialist experience (learning, performance, recruitment, Reward & OD)
- Minimum Qualification
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480287 to apply for this job .