OBAQUADS NIG LTD is currently seeking the right candidates to fill this vacant position
- We are currently seeking a Historian/History researcher and reporter to work as the research lead for our Economic analysis and Reporting website.
- As the lead Historian and reporter you will be required to have a very broad understanding and appreciation of Nigerian and African History and culture; Arts; Fashion; Philosophies; Religions; theatre and social & cultural evolution/anthropology
- Your role will require that you have an interest in research and analysis, your responsibilities will be to research, collate and write critically reckonable and original reports covering the African History and relate this to contemporary Africa & Nigeria.
- You must also be a thinker whose insights must rise above the shallow pervasive rhetoric often heard, your analytical capabilities must be critical, thought provoking and original and this must be reflective in your writings and the articles you produce for publication on our digital platform.
The History researcher will provide intellectual leadership relating to all aspects of History, History research and analysis throughout the team.
- Must be based in Ibadan
- Must be flexible and open to the notion of travelling inter-state
- Must be flexible and adaptable to working hours
- Applicants who do not have the above Educational qualification, but can demonstrate equivalent work experience and appropriate character will be considered.
- Multilingual (Nigerian Languages and English) will be a distinct advantage
Some of the specific responsibilities to be carried out for the Position
- Lead the process of analyzing the government strategies and policies focusing on its impact to the history both ancient and contemporary
- Looking through the Prism of history and critically evaluation of Economic policies, fashion, art, culture, music and even language today, compare and contrast intellectual analysis and reporting
- Researching and producing critical reports pertaining to International organisations and the impact of their policies and strategies/experimentation on the African continent
- Evaluating different History philosophies and strategies across the continent how much of this influences us today how much is maintained how much have we rejected and why
- Looking critically and evaluating religious influences today in Africa, the trends origin and impact it is having on the continent
- Publish regular history analysis commentaries and forecasts of interest rates and key history factors on a timely basis
- Lead the production of regular reports which monitor developments in African history
- Have an ability to foster relationships with various cultural, social institutions and key personnel in order to get an insight and provide analysis relating to history and forward looking trends, cultural behaviors, and political decisions, which may affect and influence decisions.
Education and Experience Required
- The successful candidate should have:
- Should have completed a BA in History
- A Master’s Degree in History would be a distinct advantage
- Some years of post-graduation experience in History research or other relevant experience in national/international organizations/national government, or academic institutions would be considered favourably- Such experience will be viewed positively even where the above education experience is not met
- Some research and publication track record
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480225 to apply for this job .