MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Leads efforts to articulate/revise, enforce and monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of Human Resource Management Policies
- Drives the execution of initiatives that ensure MTNN maintains a harmonious work environment with peaceful relations between employees across all staff cadres, between Management, Senior and Junior Staff Groups, between Management, etc.
- Leads in developing and maintaining staff welfare programs and expatriate support
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation - identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (eg, at BPR) etc.
- Review HR Service Delivery Approach and develop appropriate employee services operating strategy, ensuring alignment with HR Strategy and MTNN’s overall objectives and goals.
- Develop employee services enhancement plans/programs in support of approved HR Employee Services strategies and develop associated cost estimates and budgets.
- Review and standardize human resources service delivery and develop service improvement strategies, as well as coordinate implementation of related plans.
- Define and agree service levels with HR customers, track and monitor services and provide periodic reports on delivery of services for management review.
- Manage and coordinate the employee assistance and employee suggestion/feedback programs (organisation and culture effectiveness surveys), administering and providing clarity on objectives of surveys.
- Review survey feedback and identify performance improvement needs in the area of employee relations, staff welfare administration, employee suggestions and culture change management.
- Analyse HR practices, policies, procedures and employment laws, interpret and advise/counsel senior management in these areas.
- Develop and review process and procedure for creating and managing Corporate Council.
- Manage staff disciplinary process and investigate issues such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, complaints, turnover, work-related conflicts, etc.
- Provide immigration support services for MTNN staff and oversee and ensure adequate landing support for expatriates.
- Manage communication to the business of the demise of staff including notifying HR Reward and provide support to the family of the deceased staff, arranging visits and delivering condolence message on behalf MTNN.
- Manage and coordinate the allocation and distribution of end-of-year benefits as provided by MTNN, ensuring proper accounts and reconciliation are carried out and documented.
- Manage delivery of medical service benefits to MTNN staff.
Normal MTNN working conditions
May be required to work extended hours
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- First Degree in arts or a Social Science related discipline
- Masters’ Degree in human resource development
- Minimum 10 years’ experience including:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 4 years HR generalist experience
- 3 years management experience within the HR function
- Good knowledge of HR Processes
- Good Knowledge of service quality management
- Industrial Relations and Labour Law
- Relationship Management
- People Management
- Expatriate Management
- Minimum Qualifications: BA, BEd, BTech, HND or BSc.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480218 to apply for this job .