Havenpoint High school seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Supervising the academic affairs of the School.
- Ensuring the academic continuum between classes and within subjects
- Supervising and assisting all teachers in practicing successful pedagogical strategies for differentiated learning
- Supervising and assisting Section Heads and Heads of Departments in creating and sustaining adequate schedules of class room time-tables, after school programmes and extra-curricular activities
- Streamlining the curriculum requirements set by the School Identifying and setting in place standards and benchmarks in core and non-core subjects
- Providing training for teachers in order to equip them with skills in understanding curriculum requirements, standards/ benchmarks and assessment
- Projecting and executing training sessions – both in-house and external for the School teachers aimed at perfecting pedagogical practices within the School curriculum systems.
- Designing, adopting and sustaining school programs and practices aimed at ensuring successful external examination performance by the School students at the WAEC, and other examinations.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment, approving all recommendations.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school. Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students
- Minimum of a masters degree
- 5-10 years experience
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/480171 to apply for this job .