Olu-aka Academy is a social enterprise founded by the CLEEN Foundation. The CLEEN Foundation is a leading African NGO on public safety, security and access to justice with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria, offices in Abuja, Owerri and operation across Africa. Olu-aka Academy is still in its formative stage and would be fully functional in January 2017.
Olu-Aka academy (the “Academy”) is a world-class center for innovation, ideas incubation, skills and enterprise development, with a mission to support technological innovations for solving social problems, growth of small businesses and vocational skills development in partnership with private, public and social sectors.
- The Executive Director will be responsible for board relations, general management and administration, financial governance, and professional outreach.
- Work with the Board to develop and execute the Academy’s strategic plans, programs, policies and procedures; financial management and internal control systems and practices;
- Maintain communication with the Board to ensure that members are kept fully informed on the condition of the Academy and all important factors influencing the Academy.
- Maintain official records and documents and work with the Board and legal counsel, as needed, to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Oversee program development and management including, proposal and business plan development, fundraising, project implementation and compliance with reporting requirement of funders.
- Prepare the annual budget of the Academy to be presented to the Board for approval at its annual meeting.
- Ensure the Academy meets its obligations as described in the charter.
- Provide a full range of services and programs to stakeholders through departments.
- Supervise the administration and enforcement of the Academy’s Rules and Regulations.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and direction of the Academy and ensure that the Academy’s policies and procedures are implemented and complied with appropriately.
- Engage staff as necessary to conduct the Academy’s business; establish conditions of employment for employees; direct employees in the performance of their duties; and report to the Board on the activities of staff.
- Manage outside counsel, experts, and consultants in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain transparency and abide by international conflicts of interest guidelines.
- Ensure that a proper system of checks and balances is always in place.
- Be up to date on relevant legal and government regulations, guidelines, etc. that impact the Academy.
- Oversee the Academy’s day-to-day fiscal operations consistent with the provisions of the Academy’s Constitution and By-laws.
- Review current practices and methods and develop new ones as necessary to reduce costs, encourage growth and improve efficiency.
- Provide assistance to the Treasurer in carrying out the administrative functions of that office.
- Analyze, evaluate and negotiate vendor services.
- Develop and implement new opportunities to grow the financial prospects of the Academy.
- Represent the interests of the Academy to the Academy’s primary constituencies, stakeholders and audiences, as well as to the general public.
- Organize meetings of the Board and members of the Executive team.
- Be visible and available at all times.
- Introduce new and creative ways to expand the Academy’s services, effectiveness and impact to its stakeholder group.
- Promote the positive image and reputation of the Academy.
- The successful candidate should be a visionary leader and a strategic thinker with proven operational and organizational skills.
- The Executive Director must have experience working in startup incubation and/or enterprise development programs.
- The candidate must be an energetic, hands-on executive, a true team builder and team player with the ability to inspire enthusiasm within the staff and membership of the Academy.
- This individual must have unquestioned credibility and the ability to continually earn the respect of the Academy’s board, stakeholders and the general public. This person must also have the ability to communicate with diverse groups and unify them toward common goals. The Executive Director will be expected to make tough decisions and remain committed to implementing those decisions in the best interest of the Academy, regardless of popularity and/or criticism.
- It is further required that the Executive Director, possess all or most of the following qualities/attributes:
- History of success and accountability – candidates will be expected to present a record of accomplishments that demonstrates their ability to achieve results
- Marketing and media management skills (radio, television, print)
- Strong negotiation and communication skills – the ideal candidate will have significant negotiating experience with competing stakeholders and multiple constituencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to simplify and relay complicated ideas to the Board
- Capable of building and growing a brand new Academy
- Ability to listen to and understand the concerns of each and every stakeholder group
- Demonstrated commitment to high moral, ethical and fiduciary standards
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479977 to apply for this job .