FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all US. states and territories.
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- The Senior Technical Officer Monitoring & Evaluation (Medical Statistician), under the supervision of the Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation collaborates with other staff of the department in the design, analysis and publication of program and patient-level data.
- S/He also provides overall statistical support, data processing, study design and data analysis services to the department.
- Essential Job Function: Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the country office, state-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Actively support the development of research protocols, scientific manuscripts and conference abstracts from routinely collected program data and special survey data
- Carries out rigorous analysis of program data and provides feedback to the various departments on the analysis findings to inform program implementation and learning.
- Develops data analysis plans for study protocols, provides data displays and supports data interpretation
- Coordinates and supports data collection, processing and analysis
- Recommends and carries out appropriate statistical methodologies and strategies necessary for the design, implementation and analysis of evaluation projects.
- Recommends appropriate study designs and sampling methodologies, determines sample sizes and defines samples of populations to be studied for the relevant analysis or evaluation project
- Uses a wide variety of statistical procedures including but not limited to categorical data analysis, exploratory and graphical methods, analysis of variance, correlation analysis, multiple linear regression, time series analysis, logistic regression, survival analysis, spatial analysis, and non-parametric methods.
- Contributes as statistical reviewer for other scientific manuscripts produced by other staff in the organization.
- Builds staff capacity in data analysis and scientific writing
- Keeps abreast of new developments in medical statistics and research methodologies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in Statistics with 7 to 9 years relevant working experience including at least 3 years’ experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Evidence of previous publications in reputable peer reviewed journals with high impact factor
- Candidates with proven experience in bio-and medical statistics and skills in the key statistical software packages, preferably STATA will be considered.
- Experience working with local partners, including NGOs and CBOs and knowledge of the local context is essential.
- Familiarity with USAID programs preferred.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479730 to apply for this job .