Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
We are recruiting to fill this position
- Support the Project Manager in the construction process throughout all phases of the life-cycle of the project to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration and closeout of individual projects and / or task order projects at large;
- Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s);
- Work with subject matter experts to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process;
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
- Coordinate with clients to ensure proposed construction and work methods are clearly understood and accepted and ensure agreement on environmental and safety work plans for permitting;
- Provide input into the scheduling of projects to meet the client’s required deadline and maintain construction resources to acceptable levels;
- Monitor progress to ensure scheduling milestones are understood and are being met;
- Coordinate between the construction contractor and the project lead to resolve field discrepancies in design packages and material delays;
- Ensure equipment and manpower resources are being used efficiently;
- Develop an understanding of how to maintain and require compliance with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project to prevent rework and delays;
- Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Perform or oversee soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
- Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
- Participate in site meetings and industry networking functions.
- Assigns tasks to Foremen daily and assess work done regularly before signing the workers job cards
- Raises requests for new workers if required
- Review and approve casual workers activity/time schedule
- Sends weekly project progress report to Management for review
- Minimum of 2nd class upper degree in Civil Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body (COREN; NSE)
- Minimum of 10 years construction Industry experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479586 to apply for this job .