United Capital Plc is a leading Investment Banking and Financial Services Group providing capital financing solutions to governments, companies and individuals across Africa. The Group was established as an integrated Investment Banking Group in December 2012, holding the four former subsidiaries of United Bank for Africa Plc (“UBA Plc”), a Pan African Commercial Banking Group.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate, experienced and competent Investment Banking Francophone Analyst
Successful candidate will work across key areas of corporate finance transactions (project finance, mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets) and strategic review work.
Location: Lagos, but with extensive travel
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop detailed financial models, due diligence reports and valuation assessments to inform potential lenders and/or investors on investment projects.
- Assist the team in the structuring of complex transactions and advise on financial risks.
- Support the team in origination and execution of African Francophone transactions.
- Ensure the timely preparation of transaction documents.
- Draft advisory reports and presentations to clients.
- General research to support pitches.
- Preparing proposals, pitch documents and engagement letters to clients.
- Drafting investor presentations, teasers and /or information memorandums (sales documents).
- Contacting prospective buyers, coordinating the bid process and assessing bids.
- Assisting clients with presentations to bidders.
- Providing commercial input to legal documentation.
- Negotiating key terms and conditions of the transaction and project managing the process and liaising with all key parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education level – BA/BSc degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field – MA/MSc/MBA and/or CFA an added advantage
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience
- Must be fluent in oral and written French
- Appreciable knowledge of Francophone Africa
- Understanding of the basic principles of the bond market
- Excellent valuation and modelling skills
- Industry/sector knowledge as appropriate
- Basic understanding of financial statement analysis
- Equity Capital Markets (Private Placements)
- Possession of well-rounded advisor skills to clients
- Infrastructure financing
- Capital Raising
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- High level of ambition and motivation
- Ability to work effectively within a team with leadership
- Good commercial judgment and independence of mind
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479490 to apply for this job .