An ICT firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Controls Technical resourcing, development and management. The TM is responsible for managing technical processes and engineering to ensure project success, focused on providing technical services delivery that meets client requirements in a profitable and timely manner.
- Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet with client teams and gather technical requirements prior to engagement
- Identify technical resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability.
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation.
- Work with Project Manager to match resources to available jobs based on skill sets, previous experience & geographical location.
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical knowledge, processes, and procedures are developed, and updated.
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration.
- Responsible for the acquisition, maintenance and management of all operational tools for Technical Development and Management.
- Provide line management for installation and commissioning resources. Conducts periodic performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement.
- Provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members.
- Provide direction and technical expertise. Ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place. Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Provide technical assessment and support during recruitment of technical hires.
- Provide high level technical support. Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems.
- Supporting project managers with task allocation and resource coordination.
- Manage team communication. Conduct regular team meetings and track project progress.
- Below are key outputs expected of the Technical Manager:
- Provide Technical Reports on projects.
- Periodic Technical Solutions Design document.
- Technical Proposal document.
- Technical Resource Planning documents – Capabilities, Specification, Allocation and Utilization.
- Organizational Process Assets Documents
- Technical Resource Development Plans and Performance Assessments.
- Make presentations on project status, present monthly and annual reports to senior management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Education: BSc / HND in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Telecommunications. Any relevant post-graduate degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum Working Experience: A minimum of 8 years working experience in engineering and telecommunication teams with 3 years at supervisory level.
- Required Certification(s): Any relevant professional certification
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, excellent knowledge of Radio Access Technologies (2G, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA), Fibre Optics and Domains (Radio, Transmission, Civil and Power).
- An appreciation of customer expectations with a customer-oriented approach to results.
- Experience in troubleshooting, solutions design and development and the ability to understand and adapt client requirements into product solutions development and delivery.
- Must be able to provide high level technical support. Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems.
- Project Management Skills.
- Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end
- Must be highly analytical and possess problem solving skills with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with a fluid organizational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479434 to apply for this job .