The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of this Assignment
Accountable for professional technical contribution to programme/project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
Key End Results
- Accurate, complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation, management and evaluation including emergency preparedness and response
- Programme efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
- Progress reports and project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment, and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation, with specific attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
- Knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media promoted.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration.
Key Accountabilities and Duties and Tasks
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective WASH programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Draft sound WASH programme budgets for review by the supervisor including steps to enhance emergency preparedness and response.
- Programme Efficiency and Effectiveness:
- Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through evidence based approach and implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply, non-supply and emergency assistance and WASH programme status.
- Work Plan and Programme Documentation:
- Analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in WASH project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment (for both development and emergency orientated activities) as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other programme documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Programme Implementation Information and Data:
- Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that WASH programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information and database (e.g., FLS, Vision).
- Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation office on maintaining a gender & equity focus in WASH data collection and reporting.
- Knowledge Sharing:
- Compile WASH programme implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media.
- Communication and Networking:
- Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
- Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management.
- Team with local Government counterparts and sectoral stakeholders to exchange information on WASH programme implementation and status, capacity and vulnerability/risk mapping preparedness as well as movement, prepositioning and distribution of supplies.
- Coordinate with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to WASH sector. Where appropriate support the IASC WASH Cluster during preparedness and response to emergencies.
Qualification and Requirements:
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- One (1) year of relevant professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization with national government and field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479263 to apply for this job .