A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
The internal auditor will help evaluate operating guidelines, controls or procedures, and report significant problems to the MD/CEO. He/She shall also ensure that internal procedures agree with corporate policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates the bank’s internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the work of the Internal Audit Division
- Recommends and schedules financial, compliance, performance and electronic data processing (EDP) based audits of departments under the control of the MD
- Establishes and implements internal audit policies and procedures; reviews changes in legal and procedural requirements for fiscal operations affecting auditing processes; develops internal control systems to determine if systems are adequate and in accordance with management policies and procedures
- Reviews and approves audit findings and final reports; communicates with an responds to the MD department management regarding audit findings and recommendations.
- Reviews EDP systems during the design development stages to ensure that the proper audit and fiscal control techniques are included; reviews and suggests changes to fiscal controls
Person Specification For The Job:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in an audit or assurance role in public accounting or related industry
- Strong knowledge of manual and automated systems in a banking environment
- Professional Certification in any of these bodies (ACCA, ANAN, etc.) is required
- A Bachelor's degree/HND or higher in Accounting, Finance, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479261 to apply for this job .