At Huawei, we define human progress by innovations that enrich humanity. We do not view connectivity as a privilege, but a necessity. We believe that the impact of information and communications technology should be measured by how many people can benefit from it. Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population. Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services, regardless of geographic location. Contributing to the sustainable development of society, the economy, and the environment, Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions, and resource costs.
- Responsible for planning, designing and implementing enterprise IT infrastructure (solutions) which will adequately support the enterprise information systems and business goals of the organization under ITO scope.
- Act as subject matter expert for supporting, reviewing and enhancing the existing IT Infrastructure architecture including (but not limited to) those of computing systems, security systems, storage systems, network & voice communication, and entire data center.
- Ensure that all IT infrastructure / systems are working at optimal levels thereby effectively ensuring application availability and performance.
- Drive both short & long term IT infrastructure architecture strategy for the overall IT operations & project portfolio.
- Design, develop and/or validate infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions under ITO scope.
- Participate in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Advise the organization on IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes; maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
- Communicate and validate IT architecture with the infrastructure team, project management office (PMO), and technology services team.
- Develop long-term strategy for historical data retention, and archival plan as required; work with the enterprise architect and applications SMEs to define data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans.
- Develop and provide comprehensive disaster recovery architecture that incorporates highly available server, storage area network(s) (SAN) and network architectures that are in compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events.
- Develop enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develop specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
- Communicate and collaborate with other staff as well as colleagues in-country and other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting.
Required Education and Certification:
- Suitable candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or any related field.
- Masters Degree is not required but may be an advantage.
- ITIL Certification.
- TOGAF 9 Certification.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure: hardware, virtual environment, cloud, hosting service and network areas; the most recent eight (8) years must be as a full time IT Infrastructure Architect.
- Extensive knowledge of IT Infrastructure, data center operations & applications, telecommunications operations, including (but not limited to): Windows Systems, Domains, Active Directory, Exchange; Unix Systems; Storage Systems & Storage Area Network; Network Systems & Equipment/Networking; Virtualization Systems; Private, Public & Hybrid Cloud; IT Systems Consolidation; Information security; and the interaction between IT Systems, Operating Systems, Network, Data Center Systems, and Applications.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, multi-vendor hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced/managed service systems.
- Strong working knowledge and experience specifically in high availability designs; virtualization; deployment of private/public/hybrid cloud; and IT systems consolidation.
- Ability to produce architectural designs and review designs provided by others.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends & new technologies, and the ability to apply trends to meet architectural needs.
- Knowledge of infrastructure operations in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English; effective human-relationship skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Be familiar with a variety of the IT field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Persuasive, professional communication style; capability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences; demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, excellent presentation skills, and effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT infrastructure and technology.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479247 to apply for this job .