The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
DRC has opened a new country programme in Nigeria focusing on responding to the huge humanitarian
DRC operations was initially focus on Yola and Mubi in Adamawa State, and has opened base in Maiduguri, Borno State and from there DRC has focus on meeting the basic needs (protection, WASH, food security and shelter) of urban caseloads as well as supporting outreach to affected areas and displacement camps. DRC also maintains a representational office in Abuja and a larger coordination and field based implementation office in Yola, Adamawa State. DRC is also currently assessing the possibility of operationalizing a hub in Yobe State.
- Graduate degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Human Rights, Development Studies Law or a relevant equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing/supervising staff planning and implementation of activities in complex emergencies
- At least 2-3 years of protection working experience with humanitarian agencies will be considered as a strong advantage;
- Skills and experience in Assessment, project/programme planning, delivery, monitoring, review and evaluation
- Working knowledge of relevant protection frameworks and International Humanitarian, Human Rights and Refugee Law
- Good facilitation skills; experience designing and delivering training curricula, preferably focused on adult learning;
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently
- Familiarity with protection cluster and/or protection working group
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and resilience.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook) with good report writing skills
- Fluency in English is required and local language
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/479178 to apply for this job .