Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, DC., in 1927 by J Willard and Alice S Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio).
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and shut-offs for buildings.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display proficiency in any one of the following categories, above average skills in two more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management.
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Display basic ability to repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering).
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean up of the painting or repair area.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Display working knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.
- Perform mid-level troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
- Display the ability to train and mentor others engineers (e.g., Engineer I).
- Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478842 to apply for this job .