Arik Air - Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world's leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
As part of our overall growing strategy, we are seeking experienced individuals to join and expand our team of passionate and dedicated professionals based in Lagos, Nigeria. In exchange we are offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
- Overhaul, develop and implement the Board approved Commercial strategy for Arik Air Ltd.
- In relation to long-haul markets:- coordinate closely with the COO of the contracted long-haul management service provider (i.e. Arik Air International) in ensuring that the Board approved long-haul strategy is clearly understood and successfully implemented across global long-haul stations.
- Define the appropriate commercial organization to deliver its vision for growth.
- Lead and manage all commercial activities to maximize market share and revenue across all distribution channels.
- Oversee and manage Sales, Distribution Channels, Strategic Alliances & Partnerships, Business Development, Scheduling and Planning, Yield and Revenue Management, Pricing, E-Commerce, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Charter Services and any other commercial activity
- Manage, lead, motivate and mentor a high achieving professional management team.
- Develop and maintain government relations with Nigerian State and Federal representatives, foreign representatives/governments, Ministries and Statutory Authorities.
- Develop, promote and secure contracts with travel trade, TMCs, government, corporates and SMEs.
- Develop market growth opportunities including introduction of new schedules and new routes to develop, increase and maximize revenues.
- Build the Arik Air brand through inputs into all aspects of marketing communications including but not limited to PR, advertising, trade shows, sponsorships, collateral material, product development, social media, events, promotions and web content.
- Create benchmarks and implement customer satisfaction monitors and trend analysis and implement recommendations to improve service standards.
- Work closely with the Board to identify and develop opportunities, raise venture/ financing, communicate and present to Financial partners/ECAs/Manufacturers.
- Develop and manage the Company’s entire revenue and marketing budget.
- Develop, implement and manage a customer loyalty programmes and initiatives to enhance customer retention.
- Manage special projects including joint ventures, alliances and code share agreements.
- Develop and implement interline agreements and negotiate prorate agreements.
- Develop, implement and manage promotional campaigns, public relations strategies and Corporate Social Responsibility programmes to foster good public relations.
- Develop relationships with suppliers and partners for product development.
- Manage integrity of revenue collection; ensure payments are in accordance with contractual provisions, shortfalls are collected and debt is recovered.
- Provide market support for Arik Air International as required.
- Represent Arik Air Ltd interests internationally as required.
- Ensure Performance Plans and Reviews, including training and development requirements are completed for direct reports.
- Perform other duties as required, within competence as required by the Board.
Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline;
- Extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of airline commercial activities at a senior level;
- Extensive leadership and management experience developed in the aviation industry;
- Proven strategic planning ability with commercial acumen and advanced analytical skills;
- Strong written communication skills with an ability to draft internal/external communication, position papers on the industry, board papers, contracts and commercial agreements;
- Advanced IT skills with particular emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access and especially Excel), GDS systems, MIDT, CRS, DCS and Financial systems;
- Experience in route and network planning an advantage;
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and FF schemes;
- Ability to develop relationships with all levels of the Company, Executives, the Board, statutory authorities and senior government representatives;
- Unrestricted passport with ability to travel at short notice as required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478405 to apply for this job .