The Finance Manager provides both operational and fiscal support to the organization. He/She supervises the finance functions and is the chief financial spokesperson for the Company. The Finance Manager is in charge of budget tracking/ management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs securing of new funding and performance Management/Tracking-(Corporate and Individual).
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Division and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the Executive Chairman on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the Executive Chairman in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Provide the Executive Chairman with an operating budget.
- Work with the Executive Chairman to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations.
Person Specification For The Job:
- At least a very sound first degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration-Preferably Second Class Upper.
- Must possess ACA, ACCA, ICMA, CPA etc with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial industry, post qualification.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant cognate experience, with 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Management of strategy for, and Liaison with stock market, business press, and business analyst community.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478379 to apply for this job .