Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We leverage our expertise and strategic alliances to support businesses. Our proposition is based on a deep understanding of the drivers of high performing businesses and the required business solutions that supports it. We work with clients to support their non-core business tasks to strategically position them for business success.
Our client is a major player in the upstream, and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, our capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
- Interpretation of data using geophysical techniques to forecast the location for extraction. Role requires the generation of a structural and sedimentary plan for oil trap identification and exploration.
- Provide quality interpretations (2D and 3D) and data interpretations and drives workstation skills leading to the generation of well plan for the exploration.
- Use Landmark Application for seismic interpretation and well log evaluation.
- Stratworks adoption for the Lithological Correlation and Evaluation of Well formation.
- Subsurface studies in a variety of Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, and Structural settings for possible yielding zones.
- Denudation stratification and sedimentation study of the Ajapa field through the available seismic data.
- Seismic interpretation and wire line logging interpretation.
- Technique research fields and picking of faults and horizons for more prolific zones.
- Representation of faulty lines on the map using edit polygon (Fault Polygon).
- Periodic investigation of the composition, structure, and history of the earth's crust through the collection, examination, measurement, and classification of soils, minerals, rocks, and fossil remains.
- Surveying and mapping geologically promising sites as well as collecting and recording samples and data from test sites.
- Analyzing geological data using applicable industry standard software
- Ascertaining extraction risks and natural disasters such as mud slides, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, and providing advice on ways in which potential damage can be mitigated.
- Reservoir characterization and Evaluation of petro physical parameters.
- Thorough studies and mapping out of prospect, maturation/appraisal and early exploration phase data acquisition and associated operations.
- Research study on both log data and seismic data of the field in accordance with the instruction of the Supervisor/Head of Department.
- Interpretation of Horizons, that are annotated and presentation of major faults and Horizons interpretation:
- Any other task as assigned by the Exploration Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Computer literacy and ability to analyze numerical and graphical data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable industry standard soft wares eg: Decision Space Cuosciences, Petrel, Seisworks, Stratworks etc
- Capability in ground and surface water assessment
- Seismic data interpretation
- Writing research papers
- A degree in Petroleum Geology or Geophysics
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Forecast accuracy in initiating extraction processes
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478349 to apply for this job .