- Manage day-to-day activities at an elementary school.
- Administer record keeping.
- Supervise teachers, counsellors, librarians, and other support staff.
- Handle tours and marketing.
- Train, encourage and mentor teachers and other staff.
- Maintain rapport with parents.
- Develop academic programs.
- Monitor students and teachers for progress.
- Manage career counselling.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Prepare budgets and annual reports.
- Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Formulate mission statements.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Explain or answer procedural questions.
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Examine learning materials.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Meet with other administrators, parents, and community organizations.
- Must possess a minimum of NCE or OND certification, or a Bachelor's degree in Education, Administration, or a relevant area.
- Other areas of specialization with a background/interest in education are welcome to apply.
- Background in education is an added advantage.
- Previous work experience is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must possess basic IT skills - Microsoft Office, Internet literacy etc.
- Must have a passion for good administration in an institution and in education
- Must be very articulate.
- Must have a high degree of confidence to manage teaching staff and parent community.
- Must have critical thinking skills and ability to work well with parents and manage parent relationships.
- Must have great interpersonal skills.
- Must be a good communicator and have an in-depth ability to work independently and make critical leadership decisions necessary for the school to function and grow.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478308 to apply for this job .