Mercy Corps an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps seek to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of MEL Assistant to work with ENGINE project. The MEL Assistant will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) unit and provide support for all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, data management and research.
General Position Summary:
- The Procurement Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services.
- The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials and services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
- The Senior Procurement Officer is responsible for overseeing the procurement aspects of Mercy Corps’ logistic operation.
- Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics the Procurement Manager is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Functions
- The Senior Procurement Officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Able to quickly gain understanding of and able to apply MC procurement policies and formats
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Support the Operations Manager in all aspects of MC Nigeria Operations.
- In collaboration with the Operations manager provide training to staff on these policies
- Enforce proper use of procurement ceilings and approval procedures.
- Ensure that Mercy Corps’ procurement activities are legal and moral.
- Assist Program and Operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings.
- Assists staff as needed on timely completion of purchase requests and other documentation;
- Oversee the gathering of quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Operations Manager;
- Ensure that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Preparation of status reports on deliveries for P&L and office Management and recipient of supplies.
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files as outlined in the MC procurement policy;
- Ensure procurement team is able to regularly produce purchase status and completed purchases reports using the Ongoing PR Master list and PR Master List.
- Ensure that the procurement filing system is in place and in accordance with the Procurement filing procedures as outlined in the Procurement Manual.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse on delivery of items including completion of Goods Received Notes, storage of items and transfer of items to field sites.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of MC
- Assists P&L Management with asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and promptly notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- Maintain a regularly updated file on market prices for commonly-bought items.
- Maintain a regularly updated record on all MC contracts/agreements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- Directly supervises the Procurement Officer and Procurement Assistant
- Accountable for following Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired. 2-3 years of experience in similar senior position in a large scale supply chain management and/ or international business or NGO (preferable).
- Certification in procurement/supply chain management.
- Training in Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel. Excellent oral and written English skills.
- High level computer skills on MS Office programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478142 to apply for this job .