PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client, an indigenous oil and gas company with businesses within the upstream and downstream sectors of the industry. In order consistently be a competitive oil and gas business and deliver value for its stakeholders, the Company engaged PwC to source for suitable candidates to fill this position
- Lead the development and delivery of the Finance Improvement Plan
- Ensure that the Company’s business control framework is effective through maintenance of a fit for purpose risk based framework of business and financial controls
- Ensure compliance with financial and fiscal reporting (statutory and others) requirements
- To identify and explore alternative strategies to improve the Corporation’s overall financial position including maximising partnership arrangements, external funding opportunities and income generation as appropriate.
- Negotiate the resolution of fiscal issues with the relevant Government departments and provide advice on fiscal matters
- Manage the provision of high quality and efficient Treasury services including cash management, insurance pensions, credit management, accounts payable and payroll
- Provide payroll services
- Ensure the development and maintenance of insightful, fit for purpose financial and management information to support business decision making
- Ensure optimal development and resourcing of finance staff and positions
- Play a leading role in the development of the Finance strategy and the annual Business Plan
- Play a leading role in driving the Corporation towards cost leadership
- Continually seek opportunities to enhance value for the Corporation
- Work collaboratively with the upstream, downstream and corporate teams to gain insights on performance versus plan, LE, prior period and/or prior year.
- Deliver the monthly and quarterly management information reports in a timely and accurate manner, and with high quality, to the senior stakeholders.
- Set clear expectations and timetable for activities and deliverables, and communicate the same with all relevant stakeholders who play a role on the overall delivery of the management information.
- Contribute to the improvement of systems and processes in the delivery of the MI reports.
- This is a high profile leadership role requiring a talented Finance professional, with strong values, excellent leadership and influencing skills and good networking abilities.
- Minimum of first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline
- Relevant professional certifications eg Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) or its equivalent is required
- MBA or a Masters’ in related discipline is an added advantage
- Must be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of accounting, legal and regulatory frameworks
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of cost-efficiency and cost savings achievements
- Minimum of 18 years cognate experience, 7 of which must have been in a Senior Management position in upstream Oil & Gas, with evidence of regular engagement with the Executive team and Finance partners
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/478117 to apply for this job .