The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
- Ensure adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and procedures
- Overall supervision of the CMC.
- Direct supervision and training of CMC operators.
- Cover Communications Operator duties whenever required.
- Ensure proper use of CMC equipment.
- Ensure that correct communications / radio protocols and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures for the CMC are followed.
- Monitor compliance by CMC users of related SOPs, including Travel Instructions and Maiduguri Field Security Procedures -provide feedback on same to Security Coordinator
- Provide technical support to Communications Operators as required.
- Assist with preparation of guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the CMC.
- Assess status of the CMC and recommend upgrades as needed
- Facilitate the clear and timely flow of appropriate communication within the CMC and to the Security Coordinator and interface departments (eg. Logistics Department)
- Conduct daily checks of CMC equipment including communications equipment checks with Field staff – immediate reporting of equipment defects to Security Coordinator
- Continuous monitoring of the CMC email address
- Carry out any other duties as delegated by the Security Coordinator and Management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Experience of working in a Communications Centre / Radio Room in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge of VHF / HF Radio Protocols and Procedures
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri languages (minimum)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Experience with start-up Monitoring and Communications projects
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Planning and delivering results
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477945 to apply for this job .