Programme Coordinator for AFOS
Abuja, Office Use with Hasal/Fortis MfB
AFOS Foundation, Germany and the German Catholic Entrepreneurs Association BKU are implementing a project in Nigeria to improve on the income levels of poor families and the efficiency of smallest and small scale entrepreneurs of the informal and semi-informal sectors of the Nigerian economy. The project aims at strengthening MFB with regards to its capacity to promote qualitative growth and to efficiently manage the quality of its services. The focus is on the building and expansion of efficient management and personnel and organizational development.
- The project seeks to hire the services of a qualified Programme Coordinator to support the implementation of the project activities.
- The main role of the position of Programme Capacity Coordinator is to perform as the point person of AFOS and the participating partners (Hasal and Fortis) within the project team during the duration of the project (until May 2018).
- The project focuses to support Hasal/Fortis MfB sustainable growth and expansion with corresponding management and organizational development measures, as well as the strengthening of its value-oriented culture of good corporate governance. The aim is to achieve efficiency that eventually translates into excellent service delivery (with the most competitive interest rates) to the clients and to contribute towards improving the lives of the economically active but financial less privileged citizens in full respect of their person and dignity.
- The project also supports the development of the microfinance industry in Nigeria as its outcomes will be used to serve the development of the industry in general.
- The project team is made up of AFOS long-term experts as well as the Programme coordinator who sees to the operational and administrative duties and staff seconded from Hasal/Fortis MfB during the duration of the Project.
- The Programme coordinator will also be responsible for the coordination of other AFOS activities such as MfB platform meetings, Sector trainings etc.
- To coordinate the effective and efficient implementation of all project interventions within Hasal/Fortis MfB. This includes without limitation the following core project areas:
- coordinate all Trainee and Talent Pool interventions;
- coordinate the delivery of management development interventions - targeted trainings/coaching/mentoring etc.;
- manage organizational development workshops;
- organize the identification of sub-project needs and to coordinate the full stretch of their development, implementation and periodic review
- Coordinate all sector trainings and platform meetings as well as other duties.
Working within and with the Project Team to:
- Design and successfully implement the Management Trainee Programme (Internal and/or external hiring of academically well qualified top talents; developing of a 12 months programme with top management and soft skill trainings, exposure programmes, project management, mentoring and coaching);
- Design and successfully implement a Talent Pool Programme – by identifying and nominating young in-house top performing professionals who show managerial and leadership skills and developing of a 12 months programme with top management and soft skill trainings, exposure programmes, project management, mentoring and coaching)
- Monitor talent development programme progress status and report impact and areas of improvement
- Coordinate the activities of all the resource persons and facilitators assigned to the delivery of all Abuja based programmes
- Develop individual training, mentoring and coaching programmes for management (executive/ business unit / regional / middle managers)
- Coordinate the delivery of value-oriented bank-wide organizational development workshops and support the activities geared towards the sustainable implementation of the results;
- Collate the list of projects identified during the engagement process and carryout an initial prioritization of same for the consideration of MFB Partner(s) and AFOS management
- Coordinate the scheduling of the steering committee meetings and ensure timely circulation of minutes of meetings
- Prepare and submit weekly status report capturing critical activities and achievements
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any field of the social sciences;
- Additional qualification in either strategy, trainer certification, certified (CIPM and CIPD) HR, change management, management/organizational development
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in an administrative or training coordination role. Previous experience in project management and multiple stakeholder engagement will be an added advantage.
Other skills and competences
- Conventional managerial skills and competences, including without limitation to the following:
- Analytical skills
- scheduling and vendor management Stakeholder and Peoples management skills;
- Independent thinking and self-responsibility;
- Accountability and drive for results
- Business communication and presentation skills;
- Team building and team leading skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Multi-tasking and multiple stakeholders’ management
- Use of outlook, word, excel and power point
- Budget preparation
- Capacity to work under pressure in a fast moving/growing organization;
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-national environment;
- Display of the following basic value-orientations:
- Transparency and accountability
- Respect and loyalty
- Professionalism and adherence to ethics
- The candidate should demonstrate and/or have verifiable experience in the following:
- change management processes;
- People management;
- management and delivery of trainings;
- management and organizational development;
- working with and in a team and leading a team.
Key performance indicators
- Training budget versus actual budget required for the project
- Training schedule achievement: Planned training versus actual training delivered
- Participant Attendance: Number of participant versus actual attendance
- Time Line: Planed duration for training versus actual duration
- Impact: Feedback received from participants and the organization
- Timely completion of up-to-standard minutes of the Project Steering Committee Meetings
Fluency in English
Between 28 and 35 years of age
1st -8th August 2016
Duration of service
Until May 2018
Competitive and based on qualification
Deadline and application
- Priority Batch 9th August 2016
- Second Batch 16th August 2016
Qualified candidates will be invited
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477882 to apply for this job .