We are a Big Data Technology startup based in Lagos, Nigeria.
We have a vision to better and simplify the way people find and consume Nigerian-owned digital contents around the world.
We are a small team of young, smart minds daring to do things differently. If you love taking on challenges and creating solutions that better lives of millions of people, we are looking for you.
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover, capture, store, manage, and analyze the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver a state-of-the-art product. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems and algorithms integrated with our products.
- Data gathering, storing and mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyse diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Solid knowledge of any of these Python tools: Beautiful Soup, LSML or Scrappy;
- Have an excellent knowledge of systems;
- Should be conversant with Linux operating system and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems;
- Good scripting and programming skills;
- Strong knowledge of ES (Elastic Search);
- Possess strong knowledge on how to use any of these storage tools: No SQL Storage e.g. Mongo DB, Redis, SQL storage RDBMS (postgre SQL);
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Data Scientist/Engineer;
- Great written and verbal communication skills;
- Have a good understanding of design and architecture principles;
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment;
- Have the ability to query databases and perform statistical analysis;
- Be able to develop or program databases;
- Be able to advice senior management in clear language about the implications of their work for the organisation.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477854 to apply for this job .