The Nigerian Government is putting in place a mechanism to implement the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report on the Environmental Assessment of Ogoniland and other Oil Impacted Communities in the Niger Delta Region of the country. To this end, the Federal Ministry of Environment, as the focal Ministry responsible for the implementation of the Report invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as Project Coordinator for the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. We are seeking a passionate, energetic and results driven candidate with substantial experience in environmental remediation. Applicants should demonstrate through commitment to the objectives of HYPREP, inclusiveness, team work and accountability. The Project Coordinator shall report to the HYPREP Governing Council.
- The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for the Administration of the HYPREP Project Office, including the day-to-day operations of the Programme.
- He/She shall also oversee the Management of the clean-up project and support of the work of the HYPREP Governing Council.
- The Project Co-ordinator shall be responsible for any other duties as may be assigned to him by the HYPREP Governing Council.
- The Requirements for the Project Coordinator are:
- A minimum of Master's Degree in Environmental Sciences or other related disciplines;
- At least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in Environmental management sector or regulatory body in the petroleum sector;
- A sound knowledge of sustainable development;
- A working knowledge of the hydro carbon remediation;
- Experience in Project, human and material resources management; and
- Proven integrity
Tenure of Office and Conditions of Service
- The Project Coordinator shall hold office for a term of 4 years in the first instance and may be reappointed for another term of 4 years and no more.
- The Project Coordinator shall be paid such remuneration as may be determined by the HYPREP Governing Council.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477721 to apply for this job .