The Federal Government of Nigeria is setting up a Development Finance Institution (DFI) with the objective to increase the availability and access to finance for micro, small and medium enterprises through eligible finance intermediaries.
It will be a wholesale development finance institution that will provide long term financing and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial intermediaries for on-lending to micro-, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs). It will thrive on a culture of innovation to encourage and promote the growth of MSME in Nigeria by providing financial facilities to participating financial institutions to on-lend to MSMEs.
The Head, Internal Audit when appointed will be required to perform the following tasks/responsibilities among others;
Scope of Work
Overall Function of the Position:
Responsible for ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and standards with a view to promoting accountability, discipline and transparency in business operations across the Institution.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Develop and coordinate implementation of strategies for ensuring compliance with established policies and control procedures
- Formulate audit programs and schedules, including budget and staffing requirements to ensure the achievement of goals, strategies and objectives and to safeguard the Institution’s assets
- Oversee the conduct of all audits, investigations and other special reviews and prepare reports on findings and recommendations to the management and Board
- In particular, evaluate existing and potential business risks including operational, credit, people, financial, safety risks and recommend appropriate measures to mitigate impact on the Institution’s operations
- Provide technical advice to the CEO and heads of departments/units on compliance imperatives and control requirements within areas of operations
- Monitor to ensure that all functions comply with established risk management guidelines and control by specifying the escalation procedures to be followed in the management of any risk across the Institution.
- Review various audit reports and performs daily callback of system, specification or security changes
Education and Experience Required
The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Accounting or any relevant Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- Professional qualification (at least one of ACA, ACIB, ACCA, etc.)
- Minimum of 12 years relevant work experience in the banking industry with not less than 5 years as Chief Internal Auditor (Chief Inspector) or designate in the financial services industry
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477718 to apply for this job .