In line with our long term strategic growth plan, we currently have an opening in the Associate cadre and is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill this role.
- Provide general support to the corporate commercial team
- Excellent General legal knowledge
- Preparation and review of commercial agreements and legal opinions generally
- Conducting due diligence and investigations of title
- Providing compliance advice and assistance to clients (CAC, SEC, NOTAP, NAFDAC etc.)
- Providing company secretarial services to clients
- Preparation and perfection of conveyancing agreements, mortgages, leases etc. and handling of all real estate and construction related transactions
- Preparation and Review of Expressions Of Interest
- Advising on Project Finance Transactions including PPP”s as well as preparing a wide range of commercial transaction documents
- Supervise, train and mentor subordinates
- Appraise and identify skills gaps of subordinates and recommend appropriate training to fill identified gaps
- Interact with clients and provide updates on matters as well as latest legal developments within client’s sector
4 – 7 years post call experience
Internal: partners, senior associates, accountant, practice manager and associates
External: clients, governmental institutions, court officials and regulatory bodies
Reports to supervising Senior Associate under overall supervision of Partner in charge of the practice team.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- In-depth specific knowledge of Company Law and practice
- In-depth specific knowledge of legislation and rules relating to Investments & Securities, Foreign exchange, Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking & Finance etc.
- Ability to initiate and conclude all commercial transaction documentation with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to identify potential legal issues or pitfalls in any commercial transaction
- Ability to see tasks through within timelines with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to manage own workload and that of subordinates
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of real estate and conveyancing
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of project finance including but not limited to Public Private Partnership models
- Good attention for details.
- Communication skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477653 to apply for this job .