Our Client a credible & leading Microfinance bank in Nigeria is currently looking to hire Head of Human Resources
Location: Lagos Nigeria
The successful candidates will have overall responsibility to formulate and facilitate implementation of strategies and plans focused on hiring, developing, motivating and retaining the best talent within the Bank.
He/she must be able identify training ,developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that build loyalty to the Bank.
- Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Oversee implementation of the Bank’s performance management system to ensure it is objective, equitable, transparent and merit-driven
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of group’s salary productivity target.
- To lead and support the development and implementation of HR policy across all departments in the bank including improving performance, maximizing attendance and providing effective management of change.
- Coordinate the Human Resource Department activities and conduct periodic meetings to define goals/targets and agree work plans, consistent with the overall corporate targets.
- Coordinate the preparation and effective monitoring of the Human Resource budget (including the Bank’s compensation and training budgets), ensuring cost justified execution of all human capital activities.
- Act as a change agent on major project initiatives by the Bank by facilitating and ensuring proper planning and execution of programs to address the human side of change
- Provide executive management with key human capital information operational to facilitate informed strategic decision making and control
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing Department’s accountabilities,including talent acquisition,staffing,employment processing, compensation,safety& health and welfare benefits, training and development,records management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management,Psychology or a related discipline
- A higher degree (MBA, Masters in relevant field), relevant professional certifications may be an added advantage
- At least 7 years experience in a Financial sector preferably Microfinance bank which at least two (2) must have been at a supervisory/managerial cadre.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods mentoring, coaching, on-the job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs (an advantage)
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of HR strategy articulation, implementation and HR operations.
- Ability to think strategically,innovatively and creatively to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, practices, issues and solutions on HR.
- Good understanding of the financial sector preferably microfinance ,socio cultural, economic and demographic patterns and implications for HR management
- Expert level Knowledge in Windows Desktop Computer Applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent communication,report writing, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Strong leadership, culture building and people management skills.
- Integrity, ethical standards and values.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
Salary: Very attractive based on and qualification and wealth of experience
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477643 to apply for this job .