Our Client a credible & leading Microfinance bank in Nigeria is currently looking to hire Head- Internal control
The Head,Internal Control is responsible for audit reviews of administrative, commercial,technical and management processes and systems to ensure alignment of activities with company goals,due management of risks and effective use of company resources.
Description of Duties:
- Review the operations of the Bank on a daily basis and ensure compliance with policies of the Board as well as regulatory requirements
- Investigate any and every deviations and irregularities
- Review control measures and report such to the Board from time to time
- Coordinates the activities of the branch internal control officers and ensure they follow the Bank guidelines and procedures.
- Advice management and the Board on the soundness,effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls
- Review and appraise compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard the Bank’s assets
- Compile and issue reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements
- Direct and appraise the activities of audit and compliance personnel
- Recommend employee training and modifications to procedures whenever necessary
- Promote the bank’s products and services at every given opportunity
- Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Unit’s and Bank’s objectives and goals
- Adviser to management and the Board on efficient and effective control initiatives
- Serve as the Bank’s liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies.
- Strong analytical and evaluation ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Influencing and negotiation ability
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- MCP –MICROFINANCE CERTIFICATION PROGRAMME (A plus)
- At least 8 years work experience with and at least 2 of those years in an audit function
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Certification (a plus)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Salary: Very attractive based on and qualification and wealth of experience
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477641 to apply for this job .