Industry: Wholesaling & Retailing: School wear and Supplies
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Overview of the Company and Role
School Kits is a leading retailer and wholesaler of School wears and accessories, supplying high and mid-end private primary & secondary Schools. The company has retail shops in Lagos and Abuja and delivers in wholesale quantities directly to various customers across Nigeria.
In line with its expansion goals, the company is looking to hire a business development manager to oversee the company’s Abuja office and will be responsible for managing operations and business development at the same location.
We are looking for a young, dynamic and challenge-seeking individual, open to taking on a sales oriented responsibility, while handling the company’s operations remotely in Abuja.
Overview of the Role
The business development manager will oversee the retail and wholesale businesses of the company in Abuja and is environs (as business opportunities arise). The manager will be required to provide strategic direction, drive the company’s sales target and manage its business relationships, while creating new ones. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing strategic direction for the company – will entail implementing the corporate strategy recommendations of the company – across marketing, operations and financial management
- Manage the regular market and industry evaluation process of the company –conducting constant research as directed from the head office for: customer analysis, competitive landscape analysis, trends and risk assessments
- Developing and implementing a marketing and sales plan for Abuja and the Northern region: product development, pricing, promotions and distribution activities
- The business development manager will be given a financial target and will be required to work with the marketing executives to achieve the set target
- Managing the company’s business relationships – will entail overseeing the company’s corporate accounts (school’s) including following-up on transactions and payments while looking for new business opportunities
- Driving Abuja’s retail sales and coordinating all operations, especially supply chain management within the region
- Will play a strategic/support role in managing external stakeholders especially: partners, vendors, clients and regulatory authorities etc., as this relates to the company’s business in Abuja
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a very good knowledge of the Abuja business environment and should possess strategic relationships from past work experience
- Be energetic and self-driven
- Be business and market savvy
- Be able to think logically and clearly, and exhibit strong problem solving abilities
- Exhibit superior written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate intermediate project management abilities
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrate ability to set individual work plans and manage time and work with limited supervision to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a collaborative and team-oriented spirit
- Collaborate with senior management, working with them to effectively execute strategies and projects
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience with a track record for achieving sales targets
- Experience working in a similar capacity will be an added advantage
Employment Type: Full-time (After a probation period of 90 days)
Start Date: Immediate
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/477048 to apply for this job .