- Responsible for all sales and servicing of in house Retail Banking customers product enquires & sales to wealth affluent customers.
- Key focus on Personal Banking, CASA (LCY & FCY), Bancassurrance, Investment Services & Personal Installment Loan.
- Use the following as sales tools: reference forms, third party instruments, customs duty payment document (from PSBS), PTA data (potential customers from FX / TC teller).
- Dormant account (affluent) reactivation & management. upgrading of tail accounts.
Know Your Customer (KYC)
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to “identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
Identify other business opportunities and refer same to relevant units within the bank.
Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operate
Attainment of branch sales & service targets.
People and Talent
Ensure attendance of monthly training for branch staff
Staff Versatility – ability to handle minimum 2 job function per staff
Risk Management - Operational Risk Mgt and Control
Ensure money laundering requirement as follows:
- Full awareness of money laundering prevention.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:“Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”, observe clear desk policy always.
- Monitoring of Front Office Branch registers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensure reduced / minimal operational irregularities.
- Resolving exceptional investigations and inquiries and liaising with other functions to ensure that issues are resolved.
- Analysis and reporting of management statistics
- Ensure daily review of Control Reports and Timely Escalation of at risk items.
Branch entrance key custodian
- Act as the responsible party under the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the branch team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the branch
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- University qualification with a minimum of a second class degree
- Salesmanship, energy and drive
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of administrative procedures
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476860 to apply for this job .