This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Consulting jobs in Nigeria
Founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa. In addition to the consultancy services we provide for our clients, we develop and initiate a range of activities to catalyse and facilitate investment, trade and business interest into and across Africa - All with a current focus and commitment to the positive development and transformation of Africa's Agribusiness sector.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Welcome2Africa is hosting an international trade and investment mission to Nigeria for a selection of investors and other agribusiness stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to engage with global stakeholders of Nigeria's agricultural sector, and great for anyone interested in increasing their experience in business development, consultancy or client relations.
This is a fixed term Business Development Officer role working closely with the senior management team. The purpose of the role is to identify, contact investors (family offices, HNWI, public investors, Public Private Investors, Development Investors) and other Agribusiness stakeholders who may be interested participating in the Agrique Africa Investor Mission to Nigeria)
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be expected to work closely with the CEO and other external consultants. They will be experienced, professional and highly organised and will be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
You will be expected to be able to prioritise your workload effectively and work to tight deadlines.
• Support the CEO in all lead generation, customer relationship management, sales and marketing activities as requested;
• Developing a target participant list, prospecting and establishing a relationship with Investors and key stakeholders including:
o Family offices
o Public Investors
o Public Private Investors
o Development Investors
o and other Agribusiness stakeholders
o Chambers of Commerces
• Developing a strategy to approach target participants
• Understanding the different needs of target participants
• Arranging and attending meetings with target participants
• Maintain high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness utilizing these relationships for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities;
• Provide contract updates and summaries via team meetings;
• Contact participants at the direction of the CEO to schedule calls, meetings, updates, or other communications that may be required;
• Assist with preparation of meeting materials including agendas;
• Record, compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings;
• Oversee and participate in the preparation and revision of all sales and promotional material including amendments, extensions and new business arrangements;
• Sending and responding to emails
• Providing, at a minimum on a monthly basis, report of activities
• Updating internal files efficiently / effectively.
• Degree level education in a Nigerian university (Preferably Masters qualified)
• Must have some corporate experience
• Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
• Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
• Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT systems is essential.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
• Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
• Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
• The successful candidate must be organised and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country
• Must be fluent in English and either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa (Knowledge of all 3 would be beneficial)
The project duration is 6 months.
Total pay N600,000 + Expenses
Please note, this job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business. The job description will be reviewed periodically.
To be considered please apply with your CV cover letter along with the job reference as the subject title of no more than 500 words detailing your suitability and experience