Pioneer a digital manager role in the Nigerian office of a leading international fast moving consumer firm. You will have bragging rights for helping to create and deploy exciting digital marketing campaigns that will be the envy of your network.
You: A savvy, plugged in, totally connected millennial who must live and breathe digital in real time. You will not have any direct report. This is not a job for the faint hearted. We are looking for big thinkers who are entrepreneurial, have a strong ability to collaborate with others effectively and are willing to quickly adapt to the challenges of the CPG industry. For us, a digital manager = digital marketing + strategy + sales. Do you have game?
If you are digitally passionate but not experienced enough to take on a full-time digital manager role, please skip this ad. We are looking for a digital expert of today not tomorrow.
You will lead the digital marketing for the organisation and develop activation plans to deliver against brand objectives. To make that happen, you will need to define, influence, align and coordinate plans, whilst driving synergy and efficiency against the overall business objectives.
- Work with the Head of Marketing, the marketing team and Digital Marketing Consultant to develop, shape and implement the brand’s digital marketing strategy.
- Identify resources, competitive environment, partners, opportunity areas, etc. and together with the Head of Marketing, the marketing team and Digital Marketing Consultant, propose the activation plans and KPIs to ensure our brands are leaders of digital engagement.
- Create a full digital calendar plan and engagement platforms for all brands, setting the direction on what will be delivered by and for the different brands of the organisation.
- Ensure broader marketing team and marketing agencies consider digital channel needs from the start of the ideation process.
- Share best practice implementation and new findings with the marketing team. These include opportunities to lift & shift best practices; social media content synergies and innovative technologies from partners.
- Support joint priorities to drive future growth aligned with the Key Accounts and sales teams.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and the Digital Marketing Consultant to define common measurement approach including scorecards, tools for ROI & equity measurement and the relevant KPIs and benchmarks.
- Be a part of the digital content creation team to create and secure sign off from stakeholders for brand campaigns.
- Orchestrate the digital media planning, buying and digital content launches for all brands.
- Deliver clear reviews of activity performance vs. plan and define future recommendations to optimize / improve digital performance.
- Initiate and manage relevant digital media partner relationships linking up closely with the digital marketing agency to unlock added value benefits.
- Encourage senior management to think digital by continually communicating a consistent vision and strategy, showcasing opportunities, plans and results.
- Thinks broadly and beyond our traditional business lines to identify new digitally-enabled business initiatives
- Lead the creation, transition and management of any websites and social pages following best practice guidelines.
- Champion best practice approach to managing owned channels e.g. website, website hosting, CRM, and SEO optimisation.
- Keep up to date with the strategic digital landscape (consumers, competitors, technologies, etc.) and regularly shares this information with key stakeholders.
- Lead the culture change to embed social listening and digital performance data into brand strategy & communication planning within the marketing team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant digital experience [CPG or advertising agency industry beneficial].
- Technically aware - this is not an IT role, but there is a focus on using technology to maximize user experience during interactions, so candidates must have worked closely with the technological side of digital and e-commerce.
- Data savvy – experience of identifying & influencing a consumer across channels based on behaviour.
- Commercial - demonstrate that they value commercial results with examples of ROI delivery.
- Innovative – creative strategist who is comfortable challenging status quo, brings creativity to problem solving through the use of innovative frameworks and technological solutions.
- Collaborative - high capacity leadership to influence others, encourage teamwork, and build strong relationships.
- Excellent communication skills - engage and influence multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships, with an aptitude to galvanize teams and get buy in from a matrix organisation.
- Proactive approach - drive digital engagement, digital marketing and digital to sales efforts customer engagement whilst working with the marketing team.
- Analytical skills – create robust analysis and meaningful insights to drive actions and highlight opportunities.
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects in a fast moving and ever changing environment with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes in a dynamic and sometimes fast changing environment.
- Inspire others – ability to engage broad range of stakeholders both through compilation of compelling and persuasive presentations and ability to deliver.
- Genuine - in possession of humility, honesty and integrity.
What Happens Next
- We will close this application on or before Friday, August 5, 2016. However, if we find the right person before then, we will disable this job post. Advice: Apply Now!
- Everyday we will review and filter the CVs of all applicants.
- Those shortlisted may be contacted in one or more ways. When we reach out to you, we will disclose the identity of the firm.
- Those who get past this stage will be invited for an informal meet and greet with the Head of Marketing at our head office in Lagos.
- Those who excel at the meet and greet will then go through a quick formal interview.
- We are looking to have you start within a week to a month.
- This is purely a merit-based role. Anyone who fits the role stands a chance. All the very best.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476845 to apply for this job .